3D Art

Started by
2 comments, last by left-nutt 23 years, 11 months ago
I have been trying many 3D programs (Lightwave 3D, Truspace, 3DS MAX), and the learning curve has been bothering me.... is there any easy way to learn any of these without resorting to buying an expensive book... I''m not too bad in modeling itself, infact I"ve used milkshape 3D and found that I can make a good 700-800 low poly models in about a day to a month, it''s the interfaces that get me.....
"Avoid needless embarrassment. Practice the correct pronunciation of your deity''s name in the privacy of your own room before chanting it in public. Flash cards are often helpful." --The Evil Cultist''s Hand Guide
Advertisement
I''m surprised your complaining about the interfaces of these programs if you''re a milkshape user. Personally I find truespace very easy to use. For the advanced features you can usually find tutorials on the web.

The only critisism I have of truespace is the lack of a decent undo feature, so save regularly if you''re going to use it.

http://www.geocities.com/ben32768

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

well the thing is, while I did at first use Truspace 1 to learn (very little, back in the floppy demo days) I really goot good, and fast with milkshape, so it''s hard once you are used to one interface, which is VERY simple and not very diverse, to move to something as complex and just plain HUGE as 3DS or Lightwave, and while I try and learn them, I''m just too into the milkshape mentality to try and comprehend their interfaces.
"Avoid needless embarrassment. Practice the correct pronunciation of your deity''s name in the privacy of your own room before chanting it in public. Flash cards are often helpful." --The Evil Cultist''s Hand Guide
Well there are 3 ways to learn the programs.

#1. Do all the tutorials that come with them (If you ligitimatly own these programs you''ll have the tutorials).

#2. Buy a book.

#3. Buy a video.

Personaly I think #1 and #3 are the best.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement