nmake and includes

Started by
3 comments, last by Mardigin 21 years, 1 month ago
I am reading through the book 3dgraphics programming Games and Beyond - Published by SAMS And I am having trouble compiling the examples on the CD. I have placed the following lines in my autoexect.bat file. SET INCLUDE = D:\Development\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include;D:\Development\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib Yet I still come up with the follwing error message: D:\DEVELO~1\PROJECT\3DGRAP~1\3DGPL3\APP>nmake -f windows.mk window Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved. link /out:window.exe 00.obj ?.obj gdi32.lib user32.lib Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8168 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "gdi32.lib" NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ''link'' : return code ''0x49d'' Stop. Can someone please point me in the right direction for finding a solution to this problem. Thank you kindly, Mardigin
Advertisement
You need to set your LIB environment variable to the path for the \lib directory in order for link.exe to search the correct location.
I changed my autoexect.bat to:

SET INCLUDE = D:\Development\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include;
SET LIB = D:\Development\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib

But I got the same error message. How do I set the LIB Environment Varialbe?

Mardigin
I changed my autoexect.bat to:

SET INCLUDE = D:\Development\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include;
SET LIB = D:\Development\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib

But I got the same error message. How do I set the LIB Environment Varialbe?

Mardigin
To SiCrane,

I must have typed something wrong when I set the LIb var the last time. It is working now. Thank you very much.

Mardigin.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement