what do you think about this idea

Started by
162 comments, last by kingpinzs 20 years, 10 months ago
My very own game design and game engine Fist it will be self expanding all interactive game engine. The games will fully interactive. So depending on were you start, generally what will happen is that the world will start small and expand by it self. You give it the necessary things and expand from that. Ex1 Also what you do will stay in the game it just becomes another game object, texture or NPC’s you can have kids and they will grow old and die. Kill any one you want to and marry who you want. Also there will be if you want all the you also will be able to go inside every building you see and interact with every object you find and talk to every one you meet. There also will be back ground music if wanted. You say it is pretty cool but not unique enough. Well how about this. You can type things to the npc’s and they will reply in sound to what ever you type just like the famous Eliza program. You say that is cool but who likes typing. Well if you want to you can train the voice requntion system so you can talk and not type or point and click to interact with npc’s ex4 Game Options 1. You can start a new world or play in a pre maid one. 2. You can make your own character or use an existing one 3. Make your own buildings or use ones already made 4. You start at what are you decide or the game decides 5. You can die and start over or continue as a new person but in same world Examples 1. A tree grows and gets seeds. Seeds hit the ground and depending on lots of variables they will grow or not grow and become big trees or die as younglings. 2. There will be weather to change your world and also volcanoes earthquakes and other things FAQ. Questions about the game etc 1. Q. Are other games going to use things from this one? A. Most likely they will make them 100% interactive environment going any were doing any thing you want and also self expanding 2. Q. how will you guarantee that it will be FUN? A. 3. Q. what is the point in playing this when it is just like real life? A. Think about this you can kill with out getting into real life trouble. You can do what you want in the game world that you fantasies doing in the real world. 4 .Q wont it be to complicated doing everything your self A You can use already made world with goals and everything but still do what you want in the infinite universe The code to be used. Will be programmed in Assembly, c++, and might even be direct X Types of AI Genetic Programming Fuzzy logic Nero networks Other technologies Voice recnishon Games that it will be like Deus ex /2 Max pain Other ideas. 1. Make it into an OS type program so it runs faster
Advertisement
Ambitious...

(Um, forgive me my sarcasm detector is broken, but are you serious?)

If you not joking I would like to know about your game idea. So its like a beefed up Harvest Moon?
Sound kinda like the Theory of Everything for Games
Lol, I do hope this is a joke. One of the best Q''s in the ''FAQ'' (you do know what that stands for yes? )

quote:
2. Q. how will you guarantee that it will be FUN?
A.
quote:
1. Make it into an OS type program so it runs faster

Huh? You want a speech-driven operating system in which the user has the freedom to create buildings and marry premade NPCs? Sounds fascinating! Get started right away!
Tolerance is a drug. Sycophancy is a disease.
And I bet you know how to program tic-tac-toes in BASIC too!?

If you want to I can help - I know how to draw stick figures!

Richard Olsson
maxed@johnbauer.org
Richard Olsson
dude, just how much work have u estinmaated? every building, every object, u even want computer to understand human language? oh? even talk with computer? that will at least happen in 50 years.
quote:.........kids and they will grow old and die.
exactly

and here is a list that u wanted:
Genetic Programming (Genetic? u think its possible?)
Fuzzy logic
Nero networks (whole network? are u millionair?)
Other technologies (u must be millionair)
Voice recnishon (voice recognision? ye but what make u think that the computer will able to understand?)
Games that it will be like
Deus ex /2
Max pain(pain? payne)

quote:1. You can start a new world or play in a pre maid one.
pre maid?
and how do u start a new world? computer generated? u think so?
quote:A tree grows and gets seeds. Seeds hit the ground and depending on lots of variables they will grow or not grow and become big trees or die as younglings.
er excuse me, how many trees are in one world, how many seeds per tree?
quote:100% interactive environment going any were doing any thing you want and also self expanding

right, that means u need unique AI behaviour for every thing that moves. also after few years ingame. and just how world expand?
quote:3. Q. what is the point in playing this when it is just like real life?
A. Think about this you can kill with out getting into real life trouble. You can do what you want in the game world that you fantasies doing in the real world.

right encourage crime, this game is gonna rated MA+++++++++
also what fantasy u talking about? get a wife? rape people? kill people?
quote:Will be programmed in Assembly, c++, and might even be direct X
u mean things like this dont even need directx or opengl?
quote:1. Make it into an OS type program so it runs faster

do u know what OS stand for? do u know how much time money microsoft spent in their windows?
quote:My very own game design and game engine

right everything is urs (u dont have the engine because u cant code it)
quote:Also what you do will stay in the game it just becomes another game object, texture or NPC’s

so u think things dont perish? and how ur game engine gonna handle all the expansion of ur world, how to keep track of them?
quote:You say it is pretty cool but not unique enough

did we said that? i say its stupid and inmature
quote:Well if you want to you can train the voice requntion system so you can talk and not type or point and click to interact with npc’s

quote:The gameS will fully interactive / So depending on WERE you start / Kill any one you want to and marry who you want / Also there will be if you want all the you also ...../ voice requntion system / pre maid one / wont it be to complicated

right. the first thing u have to do to make this possible is to correct ur spellings
quote:infinite universe
that means infinite work to be done

minimum requirement
10 terahz cpu pentium XII
2 terabyte DDDDram
100 terabyte free harddisk
NVidia FX 9
120X DVD rom
T3 internet connection for internet play

recommended:
20 terahz cpu pentium XIII class
5 Terabyte DDDram
200 terabyte free hardisk

additional NOTE
the game does not require a windows to run because its an OS as well.
Rated MA+++++++ not recommended for all age

P.S i dont normally flame people, but this one is a must.
to who ever started this thread, i hope u gradulate primary school english class.
Well I geuss you dont like my idea for a game?
It will have limtaions like the world will only be so big so there will be bounders and and you will be able to ride on hover boards. There will be lots of things but how can you creat something out of nothing? what i put in will be the only thing in there to use like when something is borns something has to die.
And why may I ask is it not a good idea because you did not think of it. Also there is a few games like this one Like deus ex 2 will be fully intractive with all objects and fabel for xbox you will gorw old and die and have kids also

[edited by - kingpinzs on May 10, 2003 1:55:18 AM]
About the idea, we like it. Problem is, it isn''t possible. I''m not saying it''ll just take 20 years of development. I''m saying, it''s theoretically not possible. You can''t keep a persistent world on 1 computer expanding and storing every action and reaction (and reaction of a reaction, etc) consistantly. Either you''ll run out of RAM or HD space. Not to mention the processing power required to continuously update all the variables. I don''t care if your Bill Gates, lets set our sights a little lower.

Now, Mr. Flamer-wanna-be-person-punk-etc-blah-blah.
Please don''t flame someone with ridiculous comments like:

(voice recognision? ye but what make u think that the computer will able to understand?)

That''s the whole point of voice recognition. For the computer to understand what you have just say and to perform a scripted action based on what you said.

Also please don''t insult someone''s spelling when your post is utterly crawling with spelling errors. It''s beyond hypocrtical. I notice, after reading your P.S. that you can actually type correctly but lets try to keep things friendly, this guy hasn''t been a jerk yet so lets not start something.

That''s all I got for this post, I hope I never see something like this again.
I geuss I should make it more clear. First the world you will be in has bounders because it is round and I am talking about the game world. so the world will only be so big and then it comes about putting objects on the world and how many it could hold I am thinking about 1 billon for now until ferther notice.

The world will start out basic

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement