Anyone knows anything about it?

Started by
0 comments, last by Ejaz 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi All, I''m trying to develop a peer-peer multiplayer game, I''ve deveoped host & clients (as stated in MSDN) but the problem is, when I set dwMaxPlayers of DPN_APPLICATION_DESC structure to 8, then host enumeration got fails & no client find the host, if I make it to zero, then clients find the host but still there comes another problem, client no. 1,2,3,4 finds the host but clients after 4 & so, just got hung, the host receive their connection, but in turn, they do not got anything and just got hang. Do anyone have any idea, what could be wrong with that. Any help in this matter will be highly appriciated. Thanx in advance. Regads, Ejaz.
Advertisement
Looks like the gameplay traffic has trounced the login traffic with your current enumeration settings. You should lenghten the enumeration time window and make sure you send the enum query more than once. Check out the following topic on how to do this:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=155571

On an added note, you want to carefully evaluate the use of a P2P topology (as opposite to a client/server topology) with a large number of players. Since each player can send a message to every other, the traffic goes up exponentialy.

-cb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement