glReadPixels

Started by
31 comments, last by idinkin 20 years, 6 months ago
I get 205 for red, green and blue after I call glReadPixels although the screen is not gray... I tried to call the function before and after SwapBuffers... What do I do wrong? Here is the function: bool __declspec(dllexport) PrintScreen(CGraphController controller) { FILE *f; GLubyte *buf = new GLubyte[controller.screenWidth * controller.screenHeight * 3]; char *dimensions = new char[20]; glReadPixels(0, controller.screenHeight, controller.screenWidth, controller.screenHeight, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, (void *)buf); if(!(f = fopen("screenie.idg", "w"))) { Log("Can not open file for writing!", __FUNCSIG__); return false; } sprintf(dimensions, "%d %d ", controller.screenWidth, controller.screenHeight); fputs(dimensions, f); fwrite(buf, controller.screenWidth * controller.screenHeight * 3, 1, f); fclose(f); }
Sometimes movement is a result of a kick in the ass!
Advertisement
Oh my god!! Cross posting this in the Lounge !!! Haha!! u aer teh funie!!!

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
And you better delete [] ''dimensions'' and ''buf'' or your app will consume 1440020 bytes, 1.3 Mbytes every frame, in case you are calling this per frame... Think about it: 82.4 Mbytes/s (60 fps), isn''t it great...

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Any body knows what is the problem with my code?
2Shlomi:
How do you know how much bytes my app will consume per frame?

[edited by - idinkin on October 16, 2003 10:36:16 AM]
quote:Original post by idinkin
Any body knows what is the problem with my code?
2Shlomi:
How do you know how much bytes my app will consume per frame?

[edited by - idinkin on October 16, 2003 10:36:16 AM]

In case that your resolution is 800*600 than this code will consume xxx(-> look above <-) MBytes per call...

Your code has many problems like not being written between the [ source ]...[ /source ] tags...

edit: stupid tags...

[edited by - shlomisteinberg on October 16, 2003 11:37:58 AM]
Can you answer the question??
Can you answer the question??

Put your code between the [ source ]...[ /source ] tags so I would be able to read it, then I will answer your question....

Oh.. I''m sorry.. Now I remember. You have sight problems!
 bool __declspec(dllexport) PrintScreen(CGraphController controller){FILE *f;GLubyte *buf = new GLubyte[controller.screenWidth * controller.screenHeight * 3];char *dimensions = new char[20];glReadPixels(0, controller.screenHeight, controller.screenWidth, controller.screenHeight,GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, (void *)buf);if(!(f = fopen("screenie.idg", "w"))){Log("Can not open file for writing!", __FUNCSIG__);return false;}sprintf(dimensions, "%d %d ", controller.screenWidth, controller.screenHeight);fputs(dimensions, f);fwrite(buf, controller.screenWidth * controller.screenHeight * 3, 1, f);fclose(f);} 
blablablabla
*worthless code goes here*

You idiot!! Where the spaces/tabs?! This more readable?! YOU BIG DONKEY!!!

edit:
*looks at code without understanding anything*
Of course it doesn't work!! You run it on a GeForce 3 Ti200!! Buy that new FX 5200 64MB (!) and then check that code!!

[edited by - shlomisteinberg on October 16, 2003 2:41:19 PM]
*name of wothless kid goes here*, you crap poster!
Will you help me?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement