The Creative Contest thread (follow-up)

Started by
732 comments, last by Crispy 20 years ago
Questions by numbers: 1) Who''s participating/not participating 2) Do you have a script? 3) How long do you project your demo to be? 4) Will you be using extensions (what will the minimum card/CPU be it will run on)? 5) Have you started yet? My answers: 1] hopefully, because I''ve already got my butt off the bench 2] a partial one 3] 3+ minutes according to current plans 4] none (TNT GPU, 1GHz+ CPU) 5] yup Your turn.
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Advertisement
I would positivley love to do so, not only to support NeHe, but to take a shot at the grand prize. I am unfortunatly tied down by school and will therefore not be able to participate.

[edited by - tHiSiSbOb on November 16, 2003 10:29:52 PM]
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
The contest closes in January right? If so, I might be able to do some hardcore coding over the break.
Hmm, I wasn't going to enter, due to lack of time, but I just read that source code is optional.

I could use an engine im working on (but i can't make the sorce public because I'm using it for a game I'm working with several people on.

I have no time now with school and work, but come december i could have 2 solid weeks to work on it.

I don't know if doing this with no sorce would be in bad taste.

[edited by - skow on November 16, 2003 12:55:53 AM]
quote:Original post by Crispy
Questions by numbers:

1) Who''s participating/not participating
2) Do you have a script?
3) How long do you project your demo to be?
4) Will you be using extensions (what will the minimum card/CPU be it will run on)?
5) Have you started yet?

1) Not sure yet. Need a definite closing time for the thing. If its before January I probably won''t as I still have to work (and drink).
2) Not a script, but more of an animation controling thing.
3) Between 1 to 3 minutes.
4) No extensions - aiming for any GeForce 2 level or above card. Need a fast machine though with lots of RAM.
5) Using the base of another program/method I was working on for what exists of it so far. Nothing really big yet.

Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
1) - If it closes a few weeks after January 1st, sure (I''m going to have the house to myself for about 2 weeks - time for coding and no sleep )
2) Nope
3) Around 2-3 minutes
4) A couple - register combiners, vertex programs... I''ve only got a GF2, so it should run on most peoples cards
5) Nope

My Website | Everything you need to know about 3D Graphics | Google | Search the Forums
1) I definitely plan on participating
2) I''ve storyboarded a basic script outline
3) 2-3 mins
4) I want to use cubemapping and vertex/fragment programs so I''m looking at GF1+ (GF3+ for fragment program effects) but I might have a scaled down mode that TNT cards can run, time allowing I''d like it to at least run on most hardware, but to look better on faster cards
5) I''ve been getting individual effects/technologies working in their own test programs. I''ll only start putting them all together once I''ve got an indication of how much of what I want done is possible in the time available
1: I think i will (?time?), it would be my first entry for any realtime thinks
2: No
3: Don t know so far. Like everyone maybe 2 - 3 Minutes
4: I have a geforce4ti. i am not looking for other Computers
5: No, not at all. I will start in December maybe.
Questions by numbers:
2) Do you have a script?
4) Will you be using extensions (what will the minimum card/CPU be it will run on)?
5) Have you started yet?

1) Yes!
2) No. I know what I want to have in demo but I don''t have a general design.
3) ~2 minutes. Don''t realy know.
4) VP, VBO, RC,... It will run on GF and up, but you''ll need GF3 to get some nice FX. I might add option to support TNT but I doubt it can handle the triangle count I have. I''ll need some more testing (and testers ) to see where to cut the line.
5) Yes. Slowly adding effects to it.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
For the above people unsure about the deadline it is midnight (MST) Jan 14th, 2004.
For more info see:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/contests/contest.asp?contest=08

Questions by numbers:

2) Do you have a script?
5) Have you started yet?

1)Yes
2)Just started on it recently.
3)In the current plan, it will run as long as the user lets it, but I may have a timed option.
4)Probably wont use any or the very widely supported ones.
5)No

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement