Online "Class Room" Environment Dx9 gamedev

Started by
213 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 7 months ago
I was thinking of the best way to get familiar with alot of the aspects of game development and design. I figured one of the better ways was to create some sort online classroom environmnet in which before a scheduled online meeting we would decide what would be discussed and everyone do a little research, or if you are familiar just come to refresh and share ideas. It would be an open come as you can policy with no plans of turning it into an actual game developing team. Just a chance to talk to people in the same situation on a weekly basis using instant messages (mirc, IM, etc. ) rather than emails or message boards. Also I hope this is ok in the dx9 section based on how I prefer everyone uses the same graphics engine to keep it as simple as possible. Well, if anyone is interested feel free to post or email me sleep123@hotmail.com ...
Advertisement
Oh my God I was just thinking the exact same thing . If it''s organized properly it can be a real big help to a lot of people. I was just going to mail someone who can make it happen, Ill let everyone know what comes of it.

weird...

| C++ Debug Kit :: GameDev Kit :: DirectX Tutorials :: 2D DX Engine | TripleBuffer Software |
| Plug-in Manager :: System Information Class :: D3D9 Hardware Enum | DevMaster :: FlipCode |

[size=2]aliak.net
I think it would be cool, as long as we had a lot of topics, ranging from beginner-level to advanced level. That way, everybody gets something out of it, even the people who already know their way around.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
I would be interested in checking this out as well - Should we start up a site we can check out and schedule the meetings? Perhaps a Yahoo Group?

[edited by - Glyce on January 27, 2004 3:27:18 PM]
I could host the website, if we were to make one. We could also host an IRC chatroom especially for it or something. Hopefully something becomes of this, and it just doesn''t fade into oblivion
Sweet, I am excited that more people are interested in this rather than just me. I suppose it would work out to get a little website under tripod or some free provider with dates and topics.

I also was thinking if we do these meetings in Mirc it wouldn''t be tough to share files, record meetings, and then upload it too the site (pretty much making a tutorial at each meeting).

And as for the skill level involved I think it should start out very minimal and work up, refreshing the basics and knowing them well is a big part as well as the bigger stuff.

I suppose I will start keeping track of whoever is interested if you email me, I will check my email far more than the forums. Once I get a list of emails I will setup a little mailing group under outlook and sometime this weekend create a website... Just let me know!

sleep123@hotmail.com
Haha whops! circle sorry for repeating some of what you said I should have used the scrollbar to go all the way down.

Whoever wants to host, setup a channel in mirc, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Ciao
This is gonna take some work - Like you said, it''d be a shame to see this fade and die.

But I''m in, and I can probably help out if it''s needed!
Alright well if anyone who wants to be in emails me I will start to set things up, but if you guys are to busy to email you probably wouldn''t show up for any meetings And I kinda need a solid number, cause if only one other want to do stuff it isn''t much of a group.

Ciao
I volunteer to create and host the website...
Personally, I think we should ask Dave or a mod to post an announcement or a sticky on this board, to attract a little bit more attention to this, because it could be a pretty cool thing to do

Does anyone know how to create a chatroom on the irc network, or do you just kind of ''make'' it? Maybe we should start throwing around some topics, as soon as we get some interest.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement