Weird

Started by
63 comments, last by Gyzmo 23 years, 7 months ago
Why is it that when I read up on a subject it is suddenly mentioned again. Like today I just read up on lucid dreaming and tonight it was mentioned in a movie. This has happened to me hundreds of times and I can''t explain it. Has anyone else experienced other weird things? Gyzmo ======================= [signature][/signature]
Gyzmo=============================="Well is the world standard" - The Alchemist"Not in Canada!" - jonnyfish
Advertisement
Aliens!

No, seriously,it happens to me all the time too. My explanation is (apart from aliens) that you don''t notice it when it doesn''t happen so it seems to happen all the time. It doesn''t happen with most things that you hear about though. Just plain coincidence.

- JQ
pmjordan@gmx.at

lead programmer,
PWC Software
~phil
That is what I thought too, at first. But again my example, I''ve heard about lucid dreaming before several times, but today after reading something about it I read a FAQ in alt.dreams.lucid and really learned about it and tonight it was mentioned in a movie on TV. Now lucid dreaming isn''t a well-known subject or at least it isn''t mentioned often, so it is an incredibly coincidence, especially if it has happened a lot of times before.

Gyzmo
=======================
[signature][/signature]
Gyzmo=============================="Well is the world standard" - The Alchemist"Not in Canada!" - jonnyfish
Happens to me all the time too. If you don''t know what it means or what it is then you just take it for granted and never really think about it, but once you know what it means and does, then whenever you hear it, you understand what they''re talking about. I''m sure it happens to everyone. There''s nothing to worry about!

-------------------------------
That's just my 200 bucks' worth!

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..
yeah, it happens to me, too... but I''ll have to agree that it has to do with noticing things after you''ve started to understand them more, or noticing things once they''ve become more a part of you...

Like when you get a new car, it seems like there are a lot of other people who have the same car as you, more than you''d realized had existed before... but it''s only because you''re starting to notice it more.

"Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps; for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be."
        --William Hazlitt
Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: "Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden slow implementation of half of Common Lisp."
5 minutes ago i was sitting outside thinking about lucid dreaming. Ha, and here we go. The same thing happens with games, sometimes i haven''t thought about a particular game and then when i remember it someone mentions it the next day, then someelse the day after that. Yeah, i get this all the time. I also dream things that happen, but thats another story

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
This happens to me too. The first time I hear the word (for example) that I hear later again, I for someone reason make a special note of it in my mind like it''s something special.
you think that is weird??? soon that i connected my computer to the internet while ago, while i turned my head in direction of tv, i saw "be afraid Humans" write in the lower bar of the IE, of curse when i realized what i read and looked to the computer i only saw "concluído"(the msg that appears in the Brazilian IE when the page is ready)

now this is weird. ( and is not even near of the weirdness stuff that i saw, one day i will tell you guys about the "end of the world")

So. i was there in the middle of a lot of witches and mages, when she come to me:
-You are too young to be a mage.
-No, i´m not a mage, i´m a programmer.
-How! Sorry... what a bad luck.
-Yeah... Don´t even talk about it...

Edited by - The Alchemist on August 18, 2000 1:11:12 AM
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"

Jeeze you want to talk about weird.

[This is just background info on me so that my story will make sense]

I studied Ninjutsu for 6 years under the teachings of a japanese man who moved to america in the early 8o's. He was pretty old from what I guessed. I met him at the airport in L.A. when I was getting back from a visit to texas. I was only 6 years old at the time. He asked me how old I was and he said that me and any of my frinds if we wanted to, could learn from him how to be a ninja. I of course said yes right away. I gave him my phone number and he contacted my mom. As it turned out he owned a large peice of land in the mountains just outside oceanside were I lived. My mother was hesatent but after she met my sensai she agread to let me do it. I spent all of my weekends and vacation time as well as days after school with him. I learned many things. Myself, and ten other students (someof whome were younger than me) Trained ragularly for along time. In the art of ninjutsu you are supposed to start at the ageoffour and graduate at the age of 29. I of course was a little late.

[now for the actual story]

One evening when we finished sparing, we alllined up in a clearing in the woods. Sensai walked paced in front of us slowly. He talked to us about a seperate side of ninjutsu, a spiritual side that we were not to learn for a while. He said something about senses betraying us.

Withought another word he walked 5 feet ahead of us towards a tree. Turning around to face us with his back against the tree, he dissapeared. I couldnt believe what I had seen. I turned to dustin (a friend of mine, also one of the ten) and asked him were sensai went. It was the strangest thing that I have ever seen. after a minute or so he reapeared in the same spot he had left. It wasnt like there was a flash of smoke or anything. he was just their one minute, then he was gone, and then he was back again.

That night I begged him to tell me how he did that. he just insisted that i would know when I was ready. Within the six years I learned from him, I saw many very unusal things that even I question at times. It has taught me to open my mind up a little bit.

[in conclusion]

I never got to finish my training. when i was 12 their was a custody battle and I went to live with my father. I never saw any of my friends again. or my sensai.sometimes I wonder what i might have learned had I actually stayed with it.

------------------------
Captured Reality

Edited by - Liquid Darkness on August 18, 2000 2:26:46 AM
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
hahaha!!! i´m not alone!!! there other people in the world that saw weirds thigs too.

but i bet that you can´t beat this one, it happened more or less 3 years ago.

is 6:00 the alarm rings and i wake up as usual, put the school uniform, brush teeth, etc. so i pick up my books entered in the elevador as usual but when i looked the skies i realized that the clouds was red, well this happen here during the sunrise but was already 6:30 the sun was already in the sky. well i went to the entrance of the condominium were i live, where i usualy pick up my bus to the school.

there was a lot of people waiting for theirs bus too as usual. but sudently a somekind of darkcloud( i don´t know was it was it was too black) covered all the sky, i looked around me and everyone was also looking at the sky, it was like that for a 10 min when i found some exchange in my pocket so i went to news-stand( i just find this word in my dictionary so i don´t know that it is right) and buyed a new kind of chocolat ,one with a mint cream , the best chocolat that i ever eat.

well i went off of the news-stand and the dark cloud still there was already 6:47 but it was more dark that the more dark night that i ever saw. so a strong wind started, carring a big dust cloud with that a lot of sand entered in my eyes. and a lot of kids started to scream "is the end of the world!!!!", my bus finaly come. i entered on it and talked with the people of the bus about the weird climate, but when i look to the sky the dark cloud was already gone lefting a (normal) heavy rain cloud, so the strongest rain that i ever saw started, but when i get in the school the rain already stoped and looked that nothing happened.

i talked with other people about it and looks that a lot of people experimented a lot of weird stuff during it, like green lighting bolts and UFOS, and i never found that delicius chocolat again...

ugh... what a BIG post

So. i was there in the middle of a lot of witches and mages, when she come to me:
-You are too young to be a mage.
-No, i´m not a mage, i´m a programmer.
-How! Sorry... what a bad luck.
-Yeah... Don´t even talk about it...

Edited by - The Alchemist on August 18, 2000 3:54:25 AM
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement