Text editor for coding??

Started by
4 comments, last by Martee 23 years, 8 months ago
I need a nice, fast, free text editor for coding in Windows. It should be quite simple, but made for coding; for example, WordPad/Notepad with auto-indenting and a ''go to line#'' function. Any ideas? Martee Magnum Games
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Advertisement
Editor 99 - keyword coloring, fast, free, but no autoindenting.
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
EditPlus is a great editor.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
I once used an editor called Brief at a past job. However, I''m not sure how to get it, if it''s free, or who makes it. I think maybe Borland makes it. It had a lot of very decent features, I remember.

CP
"Can't you see it's only life! We can laugh about it!" - Seal
Use TextPad
it colours, has autoindenting, and lets you switch easily between multiple files. The only problem is that it bugs you to buy it sometimes. I don''t know the url, but a quick search for "textpad" should point you to it.
Thanx for the tips . I''ll check ''em out.

Martee
Magnum Games
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement