per-pixel attenuation

Started by
39 comments, last by vincoof 19 years, 7 months ago
hey people, im working per-pixel lighting with dot3 bump mapping, I'm using Cubemaps, Normalmaps and Decalmaps right now. The result is nice but how would I add attenuation now? The way I have it right now is more like "diffuse per-pixel lighting" meaning that every surface has lighting. The tutorials like ronfraziers or nvidia use a 1D and 2D texture to apply the effect but I don't have a texture unit left to do that.. Ideas :)?
www.prsoftware.de
Advertisement
second rendering pass
so i render everything a second time and blend the result?
www.prsoftware.de
yeah i think thats pretty much what multi pass rendering is.
whoa I already got it working using 3d texture attenuation, I love the result, and don't tell me not all cards support it, i don't really care since this engine is pretty high end :).
www.prsoftware.de
cool, any screens/ source ?

Also for attenuation you can use projective lightning. I've been meaning to try to create complete projective "per-pixel lightning", but never got around to it. I know you don't need any extensions whatsoever for pojective lighting, but i am not sure about speed yet.
http://www.jazzd.de/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16

:D
www.prsoftware.de
pretty nice
thanks
www.prsoftware.de
Pretty Cool, I finished my DOT3 Bump Mapping few days ago (with some bugs), and working now on the same thing "Attenuation", i don't know if i should do it the old way or with Fragment programs
Care to share the Source code?, it might help me clarify some bugs in my code

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement