Sprite/Pixel Art thread.

Started by
76 comments, last by dcosborn 19 years ago
Hey guys, I thought it would be cool if all of us 2d/sprite/pixel people posted or portfolios or some samples of our work so we can check out eachothers styles and discuss. Naturally I'll go first... Portfolio Let's see where this goes.
Advertisement
I've never compiled a portfolio of my pixel art, but you can find 81 or so impromptu examples of mine in my avatar thread.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Dang, your sprites are pretty detailed.

Well here's my Portfolio, fairly new so it doesn't have much. Certainly doesn't hold a candle to your prolific work there wiz7896. XD
Sweet. I think the guy with the sword/lightsaber? is pretty cool.
Quote:Original post by Gyrthok
Dang, your sprites are pretty detailed.

Well here's my Portfolio, fairly new so it doesn't have much. Certainly doesn't hold a candle to your prolific work there wiz7896. XD

Is that RTS screen from a game, or was it made in paint? It's awesome!
Nice! I whish I could make sprites.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
I'm glad you like it. :D
That one character is holding a plain sword as i wanted to make him somewhat simple, i then later used him to work on a seamless fade effect.

The *RTS screenshot is infact, not a screenshot at all. It was entirely made in windows paint using 16x16 tiles/buildings/sprites i created and placed inside the GUI i designed. It did take awhile to finish the layout and was hell to get the sprites to move at all those different angles. Xp
The rest of the tiles didn't really take all that long.

Don't suppose you could drop a link to the Avatar thread Salsa? Can't seem to find it, though i have seen your Graphics Tutorial and damn, thats nice stuff. XD

[Edited by - Gyrthok on March 3, 2005 10:31:38 AM]
Quote:Original post by Gyrthok
I'm glad you like it. :D
That one character is holding a plain sword as i wanted to make him somewhat simple, i then later used him to work on a seamless fade effect.

The FPS screenshot is infact, not a screenshot at all. It was entirely made in windows paint using 16x16 tiles/buildings/sprites i created and placed inside the GUI i designed. It did take awhile to finish the layout and was hell to get the sprites to move at all those different angles. Xp
The rest of the tiles didn't really take all that long.

Don't suppose you could drop a link to the Avatar thread Salsa? Can't seem to find it, though i have seen your Graphics Tutorial and damn, thats nice stuff. XD

Instead of "FPS", do you mean "RTS"?
Oops my bad, yeah i meant RTS. Thats what i get for being up late. XD
Hey, heres mine. Definitaly not as good as your guys's and its not too big...

www.geocities.com/warhammerdude20/portfolio/portfolio.html

wiz, your tutorial half got me into pixel art, but i must disagree
about the a black line bordering the sprite. I think a black outline makes the sprites
look way better, but to each his own...

ps: (the 50x50 is pretty old stuff)

[Edited by - warhammerdude20 on March 4, 2005 1:35:24 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement