GDNet: The Trading Card Game

Started by
217 comments, last by Deranged 18 years, 8 months ago
Ever wonder what the Lounge would look like if it were a trading card game? Here's a first stab at it. Eat your heart out, Pokemon. Add your own suggestions!
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Advertisement
Awesome [grin].

I lack photoshop skills.

Versus thread

Sorcery

The two target creatures are meaninglessly compared. Their characteristics are shifted randomly and all the other creatures in play suffer 2 points of intellectual damage. The caster also receives a 10% warning level.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Where am I :(
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Hehe very cool plan,

I think thats MWS? Make a few whites and i'll wup yer azz.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
Someone who knows me... plleeeaaassseee... I want one so bad now :-D

-IV

-IVHumble Student

This gives me an idea for something to code...
Dude. Washu is waaay overpowered. 6/9 on a 4 mana creature? PLUS the ability to violate people at will? ZOMG Unbalanced.

I do believe there was some cards (though non-magic related) were already made. You could try searching for it. Had mindwipe in it, when he was drunk.

EDIT: Actually coding a card game doesn't sound too daunting, provided the graphics are already done. I think the biggest hurdle would to implement all the different effects without hard coding them. The best way to do this that I can think of is using a pseudo SQL server. You'd need to be able to compile and run in realtime, but speed isn't a big issue so I think its possible using one of the SQL libraries without modification. Once you can do that, you can just attach SQL statements to the card data.

Mawr - Python

[Edited by - Fruny on July 28, 2005 11:36:38 PM]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]
We should keep a big archive of these somewhere with a card for most of the major members. (That is, if we can get enough people to make them...)

Good idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement