"More OpenGL Game Programming"

Started by
49 comments, last by LilBudyWizer 18 years, 5 months ago
Ok, is this bad boy going to be on the shelves Oct 18th like amazon says? Will it have tutorials on FBOs? VBOs? Shadowmapping? This is more for Dave and Kevin
Advertisement
I believe its still on target for that date, and yes, yes and i believe so to the tutorials
Yes to all the above.

Btw, Kevin ended up not being involved with the book. It was me and 23 contributing authors.
Quote:Original post by Myopic Rhino
Yes to all the above.

Btw, Kevin ended up not being involved with the book. It was me and 23 contributing authors.

he dropped out? why?
(sorry if too personal)

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Bookmarked the book on amazon...hopefully I will be ordering a copy.
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
WOW DAVE ASTLE! DE DAVE ASTLE LIVES FRICKIN 1 HOUR AWAY FROM ME THAT'S CRAZY! Sup Dave Astle, I'm reading the OpenGL game programming book right now :) I live in Diamond bar, my mom's friend lives in temecula though so I've been there, man this is cool! I'm definately gonna buy that book when it comes out. lol sorry if I annoyed you, this is cool though.
Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:Original post by Myopic Rhino
Yes to all the above.

he dropped out? why?
(sorry if too personal)

Mostly because I just didn't have time to ensure it was of high quality. It was decided that Dave would take it and use contributing authors so it would be a better book than if it was just us. I don't know how Dave feels about it, but I think book might not have been completed if we had tried to do it alone (just because of time). You would have seen a dramatic decrease in GameDev.net updates as well.

So, hope I didn't disappoint anyone. It's going to be a great book, though. Dave and the authors did a good job on it.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Quote:Original post by Khawk
So, hope I didn't disappoint anyone. It's going to be a great book, though. Dave and the authors did a good job on it.

Well, from my point of view I think you made the right choice, if not I wouldnt have got a chance to work on it [wink]
Hooray! I've been looking forward to this one, hopefully it'll come in with more haste than those Intel Manuals (they probably ran out after Sneftel's tree-killing fest...)
Hmmm it't the 19th and no word of the book being out yet? I looked on Amazon not been released? Do I even waste my time going down to B&N to look...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement