Begining Gameboy Advance Dev

Started by
34 comments, last by jake2431 18 years, 2 months ago
hey all i was hoping someone nows were i could get the gbadevkit coz everywhere i download it it is jst a bunch of files now install please help as soon as
Advertisement
There is a free book about GBA Development here: http://www.jharbour.com/gameboy/default.aspx

I hope that helps
hey thanx :)
Yeah,
I have the first 4 chapters on that book. I am taking a break from GBA Development for a little bit, until I can get a better a emulator, and so I can learn some of the Win32 API, and learn DirectX.

Chad.
hey chad what do u use to create .bin files of ur programms
Do you mean like...what compiler I use? I use HAM. I also use the Visual HAM IDE. Nice stuff.

Sorry, I haven't programmed on the GBA for about like...a month or two.

Chad.
Yay ive finaly found a tut thats showed me what to download and they all work ive finaly made my first gba rom thanx guys(Well Chuffed) :)
Your welcome man. Getting console expierence is cool, and it is VERY cool, seeing your program running on a REAL GBA. It looks cool running on an emulator, but your friends might go..."Ok, it just Windows programming(even though it not)", but then if they saw it on the GBA, they would be like..."WOW!". I remember drawing lines to the screen, and putting that on the GBA. Cool stuff.

I wish you all the luck!

Chad.
I use DevKitPro, with make files, gcc, and UltraEdit32 for editing (although DKP also ships with Programmer's Notepad). I use both NO$GBA and VisualBoyAdvance for emulators; they're fine; then I use an EFA-II to test the game on a real device.

DevKitPro comes with a few samples that you can start out from, too.

You can get it from http://www.devkitpro.org/; you want the devkitARM part, and you want to click on the "setting up" link and read what's there.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
About two years ago I used devkitadv and visualboyadvanced as well as boycott advanced to test my roms. I also send them to the GBA via MBV2 cable.

Pong that I wrote on my GBA was probably the best thing ever.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement