3H-GDC m.Vdownload submissions
- a Pi T-shirt or a Perl T-shirt. (courtesy of the right-honorable Frunicus Maximus)
- 3 months of GDNet+ (via the pockets of capn_midnight)
- Submissions must meet a predetermined theme (which will be revealed 15 minutes before the beginning of the contest)
- So called "Game Makers" are NOT acceptable. The process must require you to write a significant portion of code to produce a stand alone executable. If you are not certain if your particular system constitutes a "Game Maker," then ask in the thread. Judges reserve the right to disqualify entries that they deem were made with an unnaceptable "Game Maker" based on their own subjective definition of the term.
- You may use any base code that you have written. You may post this code in a source tag in the forum on Friday night before the competition to keep the playing field even (anyone may use it if they want), if you so choose.
- Judges will judge on a full binary version of the software. They will not compile the software. Source code is not required, though you may request source code to be posted with your submission.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of non-competitors
- Judging will be based mostly on overall gameplay and originallity of game design.
Graphics will be a minor part, but mainly in the fluidity of the graphics (stuttering, tearing, flickering graphics will be very bad)*. We understand that content will be light, that graphics will be underdeveloped, that input MIGHT be a bit akward. Gameplay is the key.
- prizes (when available) are listed above
- runners up receive nothing.
- we will attempt to pursue full legal action against nefarious ne'er-do-wells (those that would upload destructive code).