View more

Image of the Day

Adding some finishing touches...
Follow us for more
#screenshotsaturday #indiedev... by #MakeGoodGames https://t.co/Otbwywbm3a
IOTD | Top Screenshots

The latest, straight to your Inbox.

Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.

SDL and multisampling AA does not work

4: Adsense

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Enrico   Members   

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:17 AM

Hi, yesterday I noticed, that Multisampling AA does not work anymore in any of my applications. I am creating a window with this code without any errors:
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_RED_SIZE, 8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE, 8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE, 8);

SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE, 24);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER, 1);

// should enable 4x AA
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS, 1);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES, 4);
Then I create a window with SDL_SetVideoMode() and enable multisampling
glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE);
But nothing is smoothed :-( I read out the values for SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS and SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES after window creation and both are set to 0. Graphics card is a ATI X800XT with Catalyst 6.2 and SDL 1.2.7 on Windows. Could you please give me a hint? Thanks, Enrico

#2 Enrico   Members   

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:07 AM

nobody? :(

#3 basement   Members   

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:58 AM

I think you should specify a size for the alpha channel (8), you seem to put only R,G,B via SDL_GL_SetAttribute.

And I believe the "glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE)" is redundant. I have FSAA in my app and it works fine without it.

EDIT: and if that doesn't help then check your driver settings maybe AA is forced disabled.

#4 Enrico   Members   

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:07 AM

It is working now. FSAA only works with a 24 Bit depth buffer on ATI cards and I had a 32 Bit depth buffer :-/

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.