well, the X Exporter really pisses me off It worked fine when i started my project now, that i have a skeleton, ik handles, constraints, char sets and over 800 frames of animation, the whole thing isn't working anymore!
ok, not completely I'm trying for my game to seperate arms, torso, legs and head together as one combined polygon and with smooth bind applied to the bones, all works fine
but wenn i detach skin, seperate polygon and delete all except (for example) the head, bind again and THEN try to export, I always get the "Fatal Error: Attempting to save C:/..../user/temp/Orkze.somenumbers.ma
but when I after that try to export ONLY the skeleton, it again works fine
The problem is, that every joint of the skeleton needs a skin/vertex binded on. I just added small invisible faces to the joints where there's no skin, and it worked perfectly (polycount was rasied by 12).