New Console

Started by
31 comments, last by gregs 17 years, 11 months ago
I find programming for consoles utterly confusing trying to understand others. I may be a kind of new programmer but I want to start my own console. Would anyone like to help OR give me some tutorial links? I know about 5 programming languages and each one touched slightly(except &#106avascript, html, and libertybasic which I have tried hitting hard on) I am hoping on building a whole new console. I don't care if its even simpler then the nes was. Oh, by the way, it may help- I know electronics too. may be helpful
Advertisement
You may be interested in the XGameStation. Looks really cool for tinkerers, and goes into everything from hardware design, Verilog, FPGAs, to designing the software API and making games for it.
was looking more along the lines of building it from scratch.
I am in desperate need. would give me something to do and would be easier to program for I am guessing. Even if it's harder, I would be proud and take the extra time so plz post some links you might find.
when I do finally get started, I will hire you all for the team. We'll communicate online and send plans. Please help!
It was active earlier on the forums...quiet now.
A console would be rather difficult to make from scratch and would be very difficult to sell (that is, if you plan on selling it).

Quote:Original post by brandonman
It was active earlier on the forums...quiet now.

Again, this is NOT a chatroom.
talking to you roboguy, I don't plan on distributing it quite yet. If you all could post some tutorials on here overnight, dat would be great. I have to go to bed so anyone who comes here, don't expect me to reply. Still looking for tutorials...zzzzzzzzz
talking to you roboguy, I don't plan on distributing it quite yet. If you all could post some tutorials on here overnight, dat would be great. I have to go to bed so anyone who comes here, don't expect me to reply. Still looking for tutorials...zzzzzzzzz

Tutorials on what? Making consoles? I doubt there would be many on that (if any).
I am in desperate need. would give me something to do and would be easier to program for I am guessing. Even if it's harder, I would be proud and take the extra time so plz post some links you might find.

If you're this deperate, frankly, this project is probably above you. Though it is not an impossible task, if you find other consoles "utterly confusing", what makes you think you'll be able to accomplish the task of making your own? This sounds like a wholly unrealistic project, but feel free to prove me wrong..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement