Where to go next?

Started by
0 comments, last by templewulf 17 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I am getting very confident with C++, C#.net and Java. However, I have hit a standard programmers block, what do I do now? I think I am going to get some games going with Java and C# (XNA for C#) but with C++ I would like to move a bit more into more standard application programming for now (until I have developed some more basic games), are there any books you can recommended for intermediate/advanced C++? Also, any books aimed at the next level of game programming with C# and Java? I have searched google for intermediate C++ books, but I can't find any, they all seem to be beginning or advanced! I would like a book that assumes knowledge of variables, pointers etc. and can help me understand the language and really become proficient in it, also something that moves onto topics like the kind you find if you build business applications. Also, should I be focusing on a particular 'field' of programming (games, business applications etc.), or can I keep my options open? Do you know of any books for the intermediate level in all these languages? Thank you
Advertisement
I'm not entirely sure what qualifies as "intermediate", but you can't go wrong with Thinking in C++ and the C++ FAQ on parashift.

The second one isn't a tutorial, so much as a list of things you should know. It's invaluable when you have a specific question, but doesn't do much for direction.

XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement