Do you believe in god?

Started by
2,115 comments, last by Zmurf 16 years, 9 months ago
Hey, I was wondering how many people in here believe in God so I wanted to ask that? I believe in the God who's Son Jesus Christ is, who came down from heaven so that whosoever believes him shall not perish but have eternal life, with him, because He gave his own life for us. I see him as my life's new lord now, after deciding to give my life to him and follow him. So what about you, has there been any big turning point in your life?
Jesus loves you!
Advertisement
Nope.
Nope
no
until evidence changes my mind.

And I have no need for an emotional cushion.

[Edited by - Override on April 12, 2007 6:08:23 AM]
No.

shmoove
I believe that God does not exist, that immortal souls do not exist, that life has no purpose other than the one we choose, that ethics are a consequence of our faiths and our gregarious instincts, and that death is the final and irreversible disappearence of consciousness and identity. I believe that the human mind is not truly free, but rather determined by physical processes and events that are beyond our current comprehension, but I do consider the illusion of freedom convincing enough that we should act as if it were real. I also believe the human mind and body to be so inherently flawed, it's not even funny anymore.

I also believe Chuck Norris is so awesome, he's the most annoying internet meme ever!
My college biology professor had his college paid for since he was going to be a Franciscan monk but a week before he took his vows for some reason he stopped thinking there was a GOD and that we are all just chemicals and everything you see/do/feel is chemical based and when you die you become nothing because all chemical reactions cease!
He was definitely an atheist when I had him for my teacher in college but it's strange to me that he spent 4 years or more obsessed with religion and he could quote you anything from the bible since that's all they did several times a day was read the bible, and now he doesn't believe a bit in it?
Anyways being raised a Catholic the "fear" of god was instilled in me since I can remeber so even if you don't believe you don't say so. When I read "The Brothers Karamazov" in HS gave me the biggest reason not to believe in him but every now and then I start to believe he's around since who else would be torturing my soul all the time?

p.s. I had a near death experience also actually in HS too ie I crashed my bike off a 100ft cliff and somehow survived and I saw/hear things i.e. tunnel of light, floating over body,etc that could be explained religiously if I wanted to believe or scientifically either way you look at it so it wasn't a lifechanging experience as I thought it would be...
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Please everyone, feel free to explain why you don't believe if you don't, like some posters did.
Jesus loves you!
I believe in God. No 'big turning point' however, I was raised religiously. And just so you know: The GDNet lounge isn't the best place to discuss or talk about religion. But I guess the rather disrespectful picture posted above already gave you a clue.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement