need a simple free space skybox texture

Started by
6 comments, last by HondaDarrell 16 years, 6 months ago
i just need a simple (just stars) skybox or skysphere texture for a project i am doing. i would think there would be a lot of these around since any 3D space project would need one. i have been googling my butt off though and haven't found anything. anyone know a good feebie/cheapy?
Advertisement
How odd. I had a look around the net and couldn't find one either. Multicoloured Bryce mountains? Tons of them!

So here, I made one up for you.

Download

All 6 files are in there plus the .rwx file inside the second zip file. Pretty sure I didn't miss anything. I don't have anything to test the skybox on though, so if there are any seams or stuff ups, you might just have to touch up the images (although I put them all together in photoshop and couldn't see any problems).

Although I don't own Bryce, there seems to be a heap of tutorials around for exporting from Bryce into a Skybox texture (it seems to be where most free ones on the internet come from). If you are going to be doing quite a bit of this, it might be worth grabbing a copy.

Hope this helps!
Awesome boolean, you're a life saver.
No probs mate, anytime =)
The perspective is wrong. it's a normal flat projection :( . anyone got anything else laying around?

Dang it, the image I was comparing the stars to (I was wondering if the perspective would mess with it much since they are just dots) turns out to have some people mentioninig that image looks like it stretched there too. Bad pic to choose as a comparison I guess.

Gah =(

I'm a tad busy at the moment, but I'll get back to this tomorrow and fix it all up. Sorry =P
Not free ones,
but I might mention these aswell.

Here is one made for my game.

Space Galaxy

I used a special template, to paint a bent image, on each side of the cube. It keeps the perspective correct.

Here is the Tile Set.

[Edited by - HondaDarrell on February 5, 2010 10:53:11 PM]
Dashing Buccaneers - 4% Complete | Ninja Assault - 3% Complete | Space Pirate - 10% Complete
My Blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement