1. Of course I need to create all the global variables and include the needed libraries.
2. First I need to Create a direct draw object
3. Then create a primary surface
4. Now create a Direct3D object
5. Finnish Direct Draw setup (cooperative level, display mode, etc…)
1. Draw all Direct Draw stuff first.
2. Set the Direct3D object’s texture.
3. Call draw primitive (with the vertices that I’ve kept track of)
So far that is all I’ve pieced to gather. Do I really need to go through the trouble of setting up the view port and all the other 3D things if my only intent is to use Direct3D to draw an alpha blended primitive? I would appreciate any more information on the subject.