religion in the forums?!?!

Started by
201 comments, last by khawk 22 years, 10 months ago
this is an opengl forum, why do people have footnotes that say stuff like "#define jesus 1"... i know its freedom of speech, but please, it gets annoying. We do not gather at a programming forum to talk about religion. P.S. if any of you churchies are gonna rant and nag about this religion stuff, please just head on over here... www.athiests.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------If it sounds like a good idea, do it. It is much harder to get permission than it is to apologize.
Advertisement
I don''t really see the problem here. So some people have religious content in their sigs, whats the big deal? It''s not like there is anyone going around spreading religous propaganda, It''s just a couple of lines at the bottom of a message. If you don''t like it, just ignore it.

If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?
If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?
yes, i know the irony of posting this message...
--------------------------------------------------------------If it sounds like a good idea, do it. It is much harder to get permission than it is to apologize.
hmm you are right about the kleenex thing, THERE IS A GOD!

also i want to start a poll, i am curious...

how many computer dorks here are athiest, how many are christian, how many are whatever you are?

it would be interesting to see...

umm, but post some random opengl stuff too, so this thread fits in with the forums...

ehh OPENGL RULES!

theres my random stuff
Guys please leave the church stuff alone, having it in your sig is one thing polling is another. It doesn''t matter if you are athiest, christian, or buddist, unless you are cremated or are buried in a cement grave (which I will be), you just end up as worm food. Get back to doing the game thing.

And the latin translation of "Kleenex" is "miracle of a higher power"
''i know its freedom of speech, but please, it gets annoying. We do not gather at a programming forum to talk about religion.''

So now you want a start a poll in these forums?

Well... Supose that there is a god... omnipotent... Could he creates a so big and so hard rock that it could''nt be picked up by himself???

C u soon, pals...
=====================================Regards,Juan Pablo (McKrackeN) Bettini Psychoban Official Site:http://www.psychoban.comPsychoban on iTunes App Store:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/psychoban/id378692853?mt=8
I suppose next you''ll be barking at the people with the fish on the backs of their cars eh?

"Those who want it, but can''''t get it, will complain about it.
I will participate in your survey. I am an avid christian. I also love writing code. Does being Christian or not make me a better coder ? What the FOG do you know/care ? They aren''t related, so there is no way of figuring out, and nothing that ties the two together but chance.

Q : How many athiests does it take to screw in a light bulb ?
A : 0, they let it evolve on its own.

mckracken -
"Well... Supose that there is a god... omnipotent... Could he creates a so big and so hard rock that it could''nt be picked up by himself???"

A stupid, nonsensical question like that does not become anywhere near intelligent just because you add the word "God". I say this because both you and I know that it is a trick question. If you think it is not, you better check your brain, because only 2 of your 3 brain cells are working correctly.

Just grow up a little. There is no problem with someone having a reference to a higher power in their sig. There is a problem if they try to push their beliefs of a higher power on someone else, but that is not happening here. Just let sleeping dogs lie, and get back to writing code; that is, after all, what this forum is about.

The kid

I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
I don''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
weiner

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement