code displays only transparent window

Started by
2 comments, last by flame_warrior 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am just learning OpenGL. The code is right out of the OpenGL superbible. // Simple.c // The Simplest OpenGL program with GLUT // OpenGL SuperBible, 2nd Edition // Richard S. Wright Jr. #include #include // Called to draw scene void RenderScene(void) { // Clear the window with current clearing color glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); // Flush drawing commands glFinish(); } // Setup the rendering state void SetupRC(void) { glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f); } // Main program entry point void main(void) { glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB); glutCreateWindow("Simple"); glutDisplayFunc(RenderScene); SetupRC(); glutMainLoop(); } When I compile this I get a transparent window. If I use glutSwapBuffers() and GLUT_DOUBLE, I get black background and not blue background ? Thank you.
Hello from my world
Advertisement
first point, you''re windows isn''t transparent, it had been initialised with what you have in your video memory. if you move your windows, you will see...

second point, I don''t know. Are you sure the alpha value is 1.0f ? perhaps it''s 0.0f
you use GLUT_RGB, perhaps it should be GLUT_RGBA or something like that? or try to use glClearColor3f(glFloat R, glFloat G, glFloat B) I think this function exist.

Redge
Redge
I think that should be glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE|GL_RGB);

maybe you need to call glFlush(); after glFinish();

and you need a glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f); i think
----------------------------www.physicsforums.comwww.opengl.org
i dont see a resize function. theres a minimum num of functions that are needed in each glut program + IIRC resize is one of them

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement