Cheap hobiest console dev kit.

Started by
131 comments, last by Drakonite 22 years ago
How many people out there would be interested in a cheap dev kit for a console? Specifically an older one, such as the SNES. Yeah, I know, old, very old. However, wouldn't it make sense that if a large interest suddenly arose for dev kits for the SNES for hobiest programmers to play around with, and impress friends, that the big N might be willing to sell some out-dated dev kits at low prices? Probably not, but isn't it worth a shot? I say we orginize a mass-emailing (not spam, just a ton of DIFFERENT people) to Nintendo asking them to sell cheap dev kits for the SNES to hobbiest programmers, either that or start a petition of the same to send, full of thousands of signatures. If anybody is interested in participating, post your support here!

HEY read this:

Somethings have changed since the beggining of this thread, so before you post or email me, please read all the messages, (or atleast my posts on page 4) thank you Drakonite [Insert Witty Signature Here] Edited by - Drakonite on July 23, 2001 3:09:52 AM
Shoot Pixels Not People
Advertisement
Sounds good to me, I''d like to try my hand at console programming as a hobiest before commiting to it, even if it was for the SNES.

I know only that which I know, but I do not know what I know.
I''m surprised their aren''t more people interested! Come on people, if you want to be able to dev for consoles, without having to pay and arm and a leg, lets start by getting the big N to let us do the older system, and then start showing them that us little dev''rs can do some good stuff, and maybe they''ll decide that they want us on their side.

COME ON! Show your support! If we can get enough of us rounded up, we can do it!

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
hey i forgot my member name and password so i guess im anony..but ill do it... give me an email addres and ill email... and ill tell me friends... maybe we can even get them free if we get enough people to email
That''s the spirit! Let''s get this thing going! But a 3 people brigade isn''t going to do it! Come on people! We need to hear support before we can go ahead with the plan! I haven''t seen a post with 500+ replies for quite some time, let''s break that record!

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
hey its me the anon... haha i remembered my username!!!! aright time to get this devkit thing on.. how do we do it? we need to get this topic heard so people read it... and we need an email address to nintendo! haha if there is enough people on our side we could win!... i say we get important people (maybe some of the admins here that have written books?) to help that way we will have some sorta voice.
I am soooo bad at this.
i''m in

X4J
X4J
Sounds interesting, I''m all for it!

Waassaap!!
Waassaap!!
I would do it, and pinch in for a playstation one. It''s pretty old now, and the games are about to end now. Why not send a "mass e-mail" to sony???
Sony might, since they already had that Net Yaroze thingy. That SNES idea ain''t bad, seeing as they no longer seem to be working on that handheld SNES system anymore (dammit!). I''m not sure how eager they''d be to start making dev kits for 15 hobbyists though, unless you mean older dev kits that are just kicking around anyway. And many companies put more weight on snail mail than e-mail, so you may want to send both.

Chris Barry

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement