studying graphics in germany!

Started by
2 comments, last by mahendragr 14 years, 3 months ago
Hello guys, I'm Mahendra doing Masters in computer science taking graphics as specialization in University of Bonn,Germany. I did my Bachelors in computer science in India(basically i'm from india). My bachelors was a 4yr program and now i'm into masters(i'm already 22yrs old!!) am i too old to get into game development!(as i see ppl who are 16 have already started with it!) I'm interested in rendering field of graphics and i have subjects on that in my course(in depth). Thanks guys, i checked the threads in the forum and got some nice info.
Advertisement
Do most people in India start their Bachelors at age 12? Unless they do they are unlikely to be qualified and working for any of the big developers/publishers by age 16 as many of these companies require a 4 year degree as minimum. Sure some kids make games at age 16 - some of them may even being doing professional iPhone (or similar) development at home and making some money - but the industry isn't filled with teenagers.

Get the qualifications you want to get now, because you will find it much harder to go back and get them once you start working - and wait until you are dead before you start worrying about being too old for anything.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Quote:Original post by Obscure
wait until you are dead before you start worrying about being too old for anything.

I LOVE that! (^_^)

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

eeks..that was a strong reply..thanks anyway..it was motivatonal..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement