problems with alpha transparnecy stuff

Started by
0 comments, last by asaari 22 years, 8 months ago
ok ive got a litlle 3d world which consistes of 3 planes 1 ground with a ground texture, and the sky type planes, i want to make the top 2 semi transparent and then put some moving cloud textures on them, to make a cheesy sky, so I glEnable( GL_BLEND); and i glBlendFunc( GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA ); and the blending works, but only if I look at the quad fromt he top, it is opaque if i look at it from the bottom, it is really wierd, am i just making a stupid mistake? I could post the app or source code if you want thanks in advance
Advertisement
I did some experiments uppon this problem and it seems, that the Alpha-Blending only works on triangles allready drawn. I guess this kind of transparency just takes the pixels allready drawn as some kind of texture for the tranparent trinagle. I think there is a setting or something like that linked to the Z-Buffer to correct this.
Of course you can as well sort the triangles, so that the further triangles ar drawn first and the closer ones last but that would be very very inefficient. Sorry, can''t tell you anything else... waiting for other replies.

cYa anYtime

.,_-´''''`-_,.
.,_-´''`-_,.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement