SDL and LNK4099?

Started by
0 comments, last by sprite_hound 13 years, 5 months ago
1>MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library1>SDLmain.lib(SDL_win32_main.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'SDLmain.lib(SDL_win32_main.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\sagan\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\test\Debug\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

I had compiled SDL for VC2010 and it was fine until I included winsock2.h and now I have these warnings. I don't understand the meaning of this. Is SDL linking somehow to older files than winsock2.h?
Advertisement
You actually have two issues: an error and a warning.

The error means that you have compiled one library that your project depends on with one version of the C++ runtime library, and another library with a different version. Make sure that they are all compiled with the same one (e.g. Multi-threaded or Multi-threaded DLL, but not a combination of the two). This can be set in project options, C/C++ -> Code Generation tab (in VS 2008 - I imagine it's similar in 2010).

The warning means that visual studio could not find the debug information for the SDLmain library. Presumably it's not being output to the same directory as the lib file or something (maybe being overwritten by the SDL debug database if they're output to the same dir?).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement