2D GeForce 256 Blitting problem with DX7

Started by
3 comments, last by Griff 24 years, 3 months ago
I just got a Geforce 256 card and it''s nice, but when I tried running my DX7 2D graphics engine on it, it blits the surface onto the backbuffer and copies it to the primary. That''s OK, but the sprites (32x32) are all blitted into the rect with a height of 16. The width is OK, but the lower half of the rect is filled with random colored pixels. The same .exe will run perfectly on my old TNT, so I think it is a driver problem or defect in the card. BTW, I am using DDSURFACEDESC2 and IDIRECTDRAW7 interfaces. Also, I can''t find anywhere to e-mail NVidia about the problem so no luck there. Thanks. Mike Griffin
Advertisement
well i have a geforce and ahve many problems with D3d so maybe dx7 isnt all ready for the gefroce, but in 2d works fine, are you using lpitch and params like that instead of useing just integer values by you ? sometimes when you blit you should use some dsurface desc vars instead of you r own

hope it can help in some way !

Bruno Sousa
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.
Griff,

Try posting to the DirectX forum on Microsoft''s website, I know Richard Huddy (from Nvidia) and others on the list will most likely be able to help you. Also Nvidia has a program on their site if you''re a registered developer, where you send them your code and they will trouble shoot it by running it through their hardware. Give it a try.
i have heard of some problem with dx7 when you have an athlon with a geforce 256, if this is your hardware, it''s probably the source of the problem, and maybe you will have to wait for a new version of dx7 or something, good luck!
cyberg- cyberg_coder@hotmail.com- http://members.xoom.com/cybergsoft
That''s odd, I have DirectX 7 and a GeForce 256 (Creative Labs 3D Annihlator) and haven''t had any problems whatsoever.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement