Need Help with Error

Started by
3 comments, last by -BLACKSTAR- 13 years, 2 months ago
Oh, man, this is annoying. Concerning chapter 3 PerformanceBenchmark solution, it seems like my ElapsedRealTime property doesn't exist at all in my MSDN Library (tried f12'ing the definition, and even on the solution file recorded on the cd, and doesn't come up with anything)

Here is the error:

"Error 1 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime' does not contain a definition for 'ElapsedRealTime' and no extension method 'ElapsedRealTime' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I hope this doesn't sound too much like a noob-ish question, but can I get any help as to why this is happening? I can't compile without butchering what little code I did add
Advertisement
I always use GameTime.ElapsedTime.TotalSeconds. But none the less I believe the answer is use the GameTime.ElapsedTime object.

Dan Mayor

Professional Programmer & Hobbyist Game Developer

Seeking team for indie development opportunities, see my classifieds post

Couldn't use 'ElapsedTime' either. From the GameTime class definition in my library, it doesn't seem like it exists in there, unless I'm missing something (I'm still pretty new at all this....well not new, but inexperienced)

Anyway, I found this interesting link that may explain some of this...

http://blogs.msdn.co...studio-4-0.aspx

Or in very short quote form for those who hate reading:
"[color="#333333"][font="Arial"]The DCR was approved, so ElapsedRealTime and TotalRealTime are gone from Game Studio 4.0.[/font]"

It seems like Microsoft removed those two properties(objects?) from the VS 2010 library, I guess due to popular demand...

Am I the only one that noticed this or did everybody just quietly worked around it?
Well. Yes. Jeremy wrote in his Blog post(http://gamedevelopedia.com/post/RealTime-Revisited.aspx) about this. The link to the blog was specified in this week's post, here on forums.
Thank you, I missed it blink.gif......laugh.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement