Waiting For the UPS man

Started by
11 comments, last by Ronald Forbes 24 years, 3 months ago
Call me impatient but I JUST CAN''T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! I''m only 14 so you can''t expect some one like me to have to wait a whole week for a book that was supposed to arrive 2-3 days after ordering. I ordered Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus off of the Barnes and Noble web site. It said "Usually arrives in 2-3 days." It''s been almost a week since I ordered it. So I''m a bit anxious. To alleviate my anxiety, I''ve deciided to ask a question to the people that got the book an internet bookseller: Where did you order it from and how long did it take to arrive? And don''t forget the shipping method used. Ronald Forbes Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
Advertisement
Hey that same exact thing happened to me. I ordered windows game programming for dummies of Barnes and Noble .com and it took like 8 days to arrive. The web site says it usually ships within 24 hours and I got the 2-3 day arrival. I waited and waited every day. I finally got it. My dad looked at the package and found that it had been shipped out of Barnes and Noble .com 3 days after I ordered it. My mom ordered a book from amazon.com 2 days after I ordered my book and her''s came in 2 days later. Barnes and Noble.com may be cheaper sometimes, but if you want speed go with amazon.com. Amazon.com ships priority mail, not UPS. and in my opinion, Priorty mail and amazon.com make a killer team.

C++ Rocks
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames
Let''s see, I asked André for a copy of the book, and it took him about 2 seconds to hand to me ;<)
You met Andre''?
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames
So Andre keeps copies on hand just to give out? =)

---
Michael Tanczos
It was at the XGDC, a couple days after the book was published, so he had quite a few copies on hand.

If you can, try to make it to the XGDC next year. André''s a great guy, and the conference is well worth it. Besides, I''m on the advisory board!
Just curious, is that really the picture of Andre'' on his www.xgames3d.com website (the one spotting a Blade outfit)?

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Hey! Not all of us are even old enough to know how to spell confferrencce. I''m jus'' a likkle kid. The day I''m handed a decent computer book for free will be the day Virginia Tech wins a sugar bowl. HAHA!!

Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
Yep, that''s really him. He looks exactly like that.
Thanks MR for replying to my rather off-topic question =) Wow! How did he build those muscles? (Hypothetical question so no reply is really necessary). He is truly my role model =) Everybody who hasn''t seen how Andre'' looks like should check out his website at www.xgames3d.com

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement