If you could see any movie made into a video game

Started by
28 comments, last by alnite 12 years, 11 months ago
Have to say that so far amongst friends, the trend seems to be towards Inception.
But there have been some interesting ones, including 12 Monkeys, Shaft in America, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas..

I'm sure you can think of better.. 'Have at it'
Advertisement
i nkow of 1,
Tron Evolution
Good Movie
the Game has the same stuff as the Movie (dont have it but that is from what ive seen of it) and it has MultiPLayer to

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

I love games.
I love star trek... but I don't like any of the star trek games. :(
so... a good star trek game would be nice
"Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg and "The Bourne Identity"

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

I think District 9 would be a nice candidate.

I think District 9 would be a nice candidate.

Ohhhhh hell yea.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

depends, are you the guys trying to get there weapons or are you the guy that messed with that container ?
if the later, it could be fun.
former, ouch

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Ghost the movie with patrick swayzee... I would soooo play that
Honestly, I'm not often pleased with games made out of existing film franchises.

A movie is relatively short and contains a very definite, defined plot. There aren't a whole lot of places for the game version to go then-- it's often either very on rails and predictable (being exactly like the movie, just with me pulling the trigger rather than watching someone do it), or it starts undoing the movie's plot via retrocons or flat out inconsistencies. A TV show has more space for a game to fit in because they are much longer, so there are more tantalizing story threads to follow without shredding the canon.

That's not to say that they can't be balanced, but just that it's very hard to do. For example, I liked the second Matrix movie well enough, but I did not like Enter the Matrix. It focused on characters who were mostly irrelevant to the films, reduced others to gimmicky caricatures (Persephone will give stuff to anyone as long as they kiss her? So much for her deeper characterization in the movie), and set up events which I knew for a fact could not have any impact on the story, because things worked out in the movies without any of the game's characters actions being involved, even indirectly.

The setting of the Matrix movies would be a very interesting place to play a video game, I think. But it would have to take place before the films, since the movie plots were already dense and messy by the end-- and this is especially true because you don't get to play as (or even interact with) Neo.

Movies can be interesting and good, and sometimes have interesting premises that would be fun to explore in a video game medium. But a game version of a movie seems a lot less fun to me in general.

That being said, there are a lot of concepts in movies that might be fun. If you could come up with a good game mechanic, Memento's premise could make for a fun and interesting game.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

The Book of Eli...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement