Claim: The bible is false in the sense that it was not written with the guidance of "god"
Reasons for my claim :
- Originally there was a lot of contradiction in the bible because it was written by humans
- These contradictions were refractor-ed by a humans, specifically some committee of who's name I can't recall
- There are things in the bible, still, that regular people find disturbing, such as the topic of homosexual, or parsing men more important than women.
Really, if it was written by god's disciples, and were the words of god, then such discrimination shouldn't exist, because god is suppose to love everyone of every type.It also says that unless you follow him specifically, you will live eternity in hell? WTF!!! My family members are hindu, they are one of the best people that I know. My friend is not a believer in jesus, but possibly of a believer of there being a creator in general. He is one of the nicest and caring person that I know. Should he goto hell? For what? For some minuscule sins? So the bible is saying, I could kill thousands of people, and ask for forgiveness with all my heart and be truly sorry, and from there be the best person I can be, then I will goto heaven, but my friend who does nothing* wrong, tries to pleases people before him, will go to hell because he didn't believe in jesus in particular! Come on now, that does not sound like "god's words".
- There is no type of evidence that supports the bible and anything in the bible
Most events declared in the bible are "fairy tale" like, and nothing supports their claims.Some events, were explained by science and thus was not a supernatural. It was an actual explainable event with some probability.
- In factual sense, the bible is no more true than the Quran( the religious text of Islam) . The reason why many people believe this book than others is because they were brought up by it. When they were little, they had no intelligence to rebuttal and question the content of the bible deductively. And thus the result is that they take it true for granted from day one. Honestly, imagine you were a christian brought up with parents who believes hinduism. You would most likely believe this hinduism, especially if you were never able to leave india( assuming thats where you were born) which in turn would cause you to never find christianity with a high probability, because of their strict culture.
So in desperate help, I ask you to prove me false. I ask you to rebuttal each and everyone of these statements. My mind is going crazy these last few nights. The more I think about it rationally, the less I believe.