unable to find glaux.h file etc...

Started by
0 comments, last by jesse007 12 years, 7 months ago
hi,

i recently discovered NeHe tutorials. i downloaded lesson 1 and it compiled just fine with glut.h instead of gl.h, glu.h and glaux.h. but i ran into trouble when compiling lesson 6. the AUX_RGBImageRec data type is not defined in vc++ 2010 express. and i can not find the above mentioned header files. can you show me where to find those files?
thanks.
Advertisement

hi,

i recently discovered NeHe tutorials. i downloaded lesson 1 and it compiled just fine with glut.h instead of gl.h, glu.h and glaux.h. but i ran into trouble when compiling lesson 6. the AUX_RGBImageRec data type is not defined in vc++ 2010 express. and i can not find the above mentioned header files. can you show me where to find those files?
thanks.

You do realize that some of these lessons are around 10 years old. Unless you want to develop legacy applications, you probably want to learn modern OpenGL 3/4. It's true that the abstract concepts are the same as in classic OpenGL, but you will have to relearn how to use the modern API. Personally, I'd rather learn it "right" the first time instead of learning it twice. Check the OpenGL forum in the FAQ for links to learn modern OpenGL. One popular site is arcsynthesis.
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement