Kinect with DirectX11

Started by
2 comments, last by Jason Z 12 years, 4 months ago
[font=Arial,]

I am following the Kinect SDK tutorial and it seems to be working fine so far, the problem I am having is that it uses DirectX9 for the renderer and I wish to use DirectX11.[/font]

[font=Arial,]

I managed to get the actual depth and video streams into BYTE * but I need a way to convert it into a DirectX11 texture per frame.[/font]

[font=Arial,]

Has anyone done something similar to what I am doing? If you have some sample code would help me a lot thanks.[/font]

Advertisement
UpdateResource() or Map() should do more or less exactly what you need.
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.

UpdateResource() or Map() should do more or less exactly what you need.

Dont forget to create the texture with the D3D11_USAGE_DYNAMIC flag.
You have pretty good timing --> I just added a Kinect sample to Hieroglyph 3 that does exactly what you are looking for :) Take a look at the KinectPlayground sample, and you should be able to find the code that you want. It is hot off the compiler, and there isn't much error checking so far, but it should work out of the box if you have the Beta 2 SDK installed.

You should end up with something looking like this when it runs:

[attachment=6312:KinectPlayground_000001.png]

If you have any questions or comments on the sample I would be interested to hear them!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement