Your most memorable childhood game?

Started by
68 comments, last by Johnny Photon 12 years, 2 months ago
I'm just doing some research into what makes certain games soo memorable.

To me, the 2 best games i can remember was, super mario sunshine- it just was an amazing game- i love the concept of water in the use of gadgets throughtout the game.

Also, stargox adventure- the graphics are stunning considering it was on the gamecube...

Like the wii, i think the gamecube deserves more respect... It tried to be more, instead of just better, which some of other platforms do.

And later on, ofcourse, my love of my sad boring pathetic life - Halo... I hate bungie for making that game! It's why I have no girlfriends! :D

Anyone else want to share anyideas?
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
—Will Rogers
Advertisement
Reading Rabbit and Math Blaster/Reading Blaster. Amazing games when I was a little kid since the gameplay was really fun. A little bit after that I played Doom 1 which blew those games away. :lol:
I too absolutely loved Super Mario Sunshine - it was just fun! Plus the music was amazing.

My most memorable game, was a Sega Megadrive game named Soleil. It was the story, the visuals, the gameplay, the challenges and the music that were amazing.
You played a boy who just turned thirteen, and had to defend the town from "monsters". Suddenly one day, when playing the playground, a witch puts a spell on you, and you can no longer understand humans, but can talk to animals. You start to see the world from the animals' perspective, and by saving the animals, they offer to help you in return. It puts a great spin on the idea of what a monster is, as at one point you get transformed into a "monster" and a "hero" tries to kill you... he's rather strong too. On return to your "monster" family, you see that they just want to be left alone. It covers lots of locations, from beaches, towns, icecaps, deserts and underwater too.

The game also went by the name "Crusader of Centy" .. or something similar.

I doubt you'd be able to find a cartridge these days, though I know if you're adamant on playing it, you can.

I'd love to remake this game in 3D...

Saving the world, one semi-colon at a time.

From teenagehood - Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis - Instead of mowing down hundreds of aliens/nazis/whatever, it's realism, scope and requirement to think made it the antithesis of every other FPS game that existed at the time.
I most remember an early mission in the campaign where you're the sole survivor from your squad, low on ammo, cut off behind superior Russian forces, with 1 hour (real-time) to cross several kilometres of open-ground and forests to reach safety -- I remember scavenging for binoculars to avoid conflicts, rather than being an action hero. Also have strong memories of a later mission where you are captured pending execution and have to navigate using the (real) stars, as your captors took your compass.

From childhood - Another world - a brutal and immersive platformer adventure. The animation style at the time amazed me.
15mns0o.gif

Rayman for PC DOS. Amazing graphics and awesome music. As a little kid it was difficult for me to play it at advanced levels; but then at teenage years I installed it again and went all the way, 100% protoons and levels.
The Rayman character danced and laughed, he had a personality. The levels were colorful. It was like an interactive cartoon.

Others I can think of are classics such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and LOZ - Ocarina of Time.
Quest 64

Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire

King's Field

Others I can think of are classics such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and LOZ - Ocarina of Time.

Yes, yes, and yes!
The Secret of Monkey Island, Another World, Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Superfrog. I remember Monkey Island and Another World for the involvement mainly, and the others for the fun.

[ About me ]

My absolute favourite was Pool of Radiance on C64. One of the longest and hardest games I have played and finished.

Cheers!

My absolute favourite was Pool of Radiance on C64. One of the longest and hardest games I have played and finished.

Cheers!

Reminds me of Dragonlance: Dark Queen of Krynn. Also a hard game, and I haven't finished that.

[quote name='kauna' timestamp='1323767785' post='4893433']

Cheers!

Reminds me of Dragonlance: Dark Queen of Krynn. Also a hard game, and I haven't finished that.
[/quote]

First game i bought myself was Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday (Another SSI goldbox game), definitly a great memory.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement