So, let's say the world has ended and you are one of the few survivors. It doesn't really matter how the world ended, but I'll post some facts to make things a little more interesting:
- The majority of the water supply is no longer available (dried up, tainted, whatever)
- Of the population (per state/province) 5% survived as normal, living human beings.
- Of the population (per state/province) 30% turned into mutants/zombies/[insert something else mean or scary here].
- The remaining population has died.
- Animals, buildings, the landscape, etc were unaffected by the tragedy.
- There are a few known 'safe havens'
This is a question that I've always been curious about; I know (or rather, I'm pretty sure) what I would do, but I'm curious what others would do.
Anyway, I'll start off:
I'm kind of a scrounger, but with the threat looming overhead I would find weapons and armor first. Then, I might just go looting. I'm also the protecting sort, so I would probably be looking for other survivors/people in need while doing said looting. On top of that I'm smart enough to realize that I'd have to rest eventually and that usually goes better with someone watching your back so I'd either start looking for one of the safe havens or start building a fort of my own.
Edited by Programmer16, 19 February 2012 - 10:15 PM.