GDC 2012

Started by
27 comments, last by sanwayzar 12 years, 1 month ago
So... 'tis that time of year, yet again.

Roll call! Who's going, what are you interested in seeing, and what looks most interesting from this year's conference lineup?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Advertisement

So... 'tis that time of year, yet again.

Roll call! Who's going, what are you interested in seeing, and what looks most interesting from this year's conference lineup?

I am going. Not sure what I'm looking to go to yet. I was going to look over the schedule this week. I've been too busy to look in any more till now :(
I'm going. Mostly for the beer and food.
I suppose I should finish putting my schedule together this week... not many sessions mostly wandering around and meeting with people. Look forward to the parties and hanging out in friends suites sippin drinks till the wee hours smile.png As usual.

I'll be in town Sunday morning so if anyone's around that wants to hang or whatever my cell is 732.492.5027. Just be sure to leave a message since i don't pick up for unknown callers. My only plan so far is my usual walk up Nob Hill and riding the cable car back down

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Yep, gonna be there. Haven't drawn up a schedule yet.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Oh, right... GDC... *looks at continued lack of passport*... erm, next year? :D

erm, next year? biggrin.png

There's always next year... unless the world ends in December of course.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I'll be there showing off my senior project for DeVry. Come and check it out as it is an interesting game concept with a custom CBES engine. The engine was built in the minor interim before the class started, and then refined during class as our engine was pushed to its limits.
I went last year since it was on the company's dime, but I don't really think the conference in general is worth the price. Especially when you add hotel room and airfare, you're looking at a couple Gs. It is certainly worth it for networking for industry hopefuls, though.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

I went last year since it was on the company's dime, but I don't really think the conference in general is worth the price. Especially when you add hotel room and airfare, you're looking at a couple Gs. It is certainly worth it for networking for industry hopefuls, though.

It does depend a lot on where you live. Travel inside the US is pretty cheap, but I am outside the US now and really felt the plane ticket this year. The hotel isn't that bad if you go with 1-2 other people; I think mine is only $70/night. The plane ticket was almost a grand on it's own though... blech.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement