Getting into CG shaders

Started by
2 comments, last by InvalidPointer 12 years, 1 month ago
I'm getting into CG shaders.. what editor would you recommend?
Advertisement
FX Composer?
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.
I've looked at FX Composer, but it has support for directx 10 only? Maybe I wont need any higher?

The web page just looks abit outdated so I wasn't sure if It was still being maintained?
Direct3D11 can load and use effects for 10 just fine. Unless you're getting fancy with compute shaders or tessellation you don't even really need to use SM5.

If you are, you can try some prototyping in a pixel shader (though obviously if you want things like shared memory or atomics, those aren't an option since they're exclusive to SM5) or just do it the old-fashioned way with Notepad++ or your favorite plaintext editor of choice.
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement