Database vs CRM internship

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I wasn't sure if posting this to "GAME"dev.net since this isn't game business related but based on my experience I guess gamedev.net covers all aspects of programming as a whole, and I have been getting help from this community for 5+ years, so it is a trust issue too.

I am studying computer science and soon I am going to take an internship, I have been offered two choices and I want to make a proper decision. This is why I am asking you about CRM related jobs. I have been using databases and I have read books about database administration so I guess roughly how will the process move on if I choose that but I am heavily unfamiliar with CRM.

Can you give me an advice on which path to take, or compare roughly the salary, availability of jobs, how will it develop in the next 10 years, working hours etc?

Of course I know the proper decision can be different for every person, so here is a little info about me:
I have been coding for 7 years, and I am generally a hardworker and self-learner. There is an example that amazes me, I have coded a top-down shooter with directx and windows API without any game engine etc. just after 2 weeks I saw C++ code for the first time.

I like designing systems, I had fun while I was doing a grid-computing project where a server distributed continuous job chunks to clients connected over the internet, and received the reports, updated the database afterwards.

I am also interested in electronic engineering, I did PIC programming, I was able to send commands to a PIC from my computer wireless. (There was a circuit at the USB port)

I don't know if this info contains any hints about which path should I take, but I tried at least.

Thanks.
Advertisement

this isn't game business related
Can you give me an advice on which path to take

Make a Decision Grid.
http://sloperama.com/advice/m70.htm

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement