Jump to content
GameDev.net Posting Guidelines (please read before posting)
Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.
Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:40 AM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:06 AM
Great Scott! We have so much going on here, the Astroflux team is working like crazy these days. So, today we have one the the biggest updates to Astroflux since the dawn of time. Here is a sum up of the changes:
Yes, missions is finally here! New players start of with simple missions that works almost like a tutorial, introducing the different game mechanics. Experienced players will also get this retroactive even though it might be really simple tasks. These simple tasks leads to level progress missions that will be an infinite chain of reaching higher level goals (with pretty decent rewards!).
Also, we added a PvP mission chain, that lets you choose sides. Either choose the path of the Pirate, hunting down the innocent and taking their cargo. Or choose to join the Astroflux Police force, that hunts down the dreaded Pirates and upholds the laws of the galaxy.
More missions will be added shortly, and keep you ideas flowing in the <forum thread about mission ideas>, we will surely read and use ideas from there!
2. Weapon changes
5 sec activation timer
No longer detonates on friendly targets
Slight Auto Aim on:
- Acid blaster
- Sticky bombs
- Gatling gun
- Improved net code for and slight Auto Aim for:
- Heavy Cannon
- Piercing Gun
- Better Missile AI targeting (prefers targets right infront of the ship) on:
- Missile launcher
- Moth Queen Spit Gland
3. Balance (based on player input and testing)
- 10% range on lightning gun
+ 10% damage on blaster
+ 15% damage, -10% power cost on gatling gun
+ 20% damage, 25% dot damage, - 8 sec dot durtion on acid spray
+ 10% damage, 10% range on beamer
+ 7% damage on moth zero gland
+ 20% damage on nuke launcher
- 65x char limit on imput chat text
- max 6 rows of text in log
- fixed bug that allowed players to take dmg in safezone
- significantly reduced client side lag with projectile weapons
- bug that caused level up bonuses not to apply until next death
- cargo now updates on death
- fixed bug that could cause client to lock if a menu was opened while dead
- increased experience levels for the right elite zone in Mitrilion
- background multiple tracks playing at the same time bug fixed
GameDev.net™, the GameDev.net logo, and GDNet™ are trademarks of GameDev.net, LLC.