- Make it where all shoreline blocks are unable to be moved. Thus making oceans 100% static and solving the water issue all together but creating a hard limit on what players can and cant do when working with water
- Create a minecraft based system where the water pulls out so many blocks in each direction ( note: i hate this idea... and would rather bite off my leg )
- Come up with some odd scheme that I am not aware of... so you guys help me to brainstorm!
- Salt Water ( oceans ) should work very different from fresh water.
- Volume based water is more or less out of the picture. With a world that is 100% editable, you cant have 1000000000 blocks of water that is volume based.
- We are using C# and SlimDX, so our limitations are not many ( other than tutorials! )
- The best option is one that allows for a resource saving answer while proving the best look/feel. We dont need 100% real water, but something of quality would be ideal.
Any ideas are welcome, as even the craziest ideas could help to lead to something better. Thanks for your help in advance.
Edited by riuthamus, 25 July 2012 - 01:03 AM.