Basically, it is a single page list of most ( 20 ) of the 3D game engines currently available for game developers.
It only includes engines that are either a) under development b) open source or c) available for license. There are a ton of "dead" engines out there, or engines that are hobbies that are nowhere near shipping a full game, and I have generally included none of these.
For each entry, it includes:
- Link to the engine
- Link to wiki/docs if available
- Links to example games made with engine
- Programming languages used
- Links to books available, if available
- Platforms supported
- Platform tools are supported on