Eclipse only shows java EE not java SE

Started by
2 comments, last by Peter Mrozek 11 years, 8 months ago
When I open Eclipse in the upper right hand corner it only shows java EE, not java SE & it only gives me the option to start a java EE project not a java SE one. I had to re-download and install eclipse. Be for i had a problem and had to uninstall it would allow me to start a new java SE project.

Can any help me get coding again?

Thank you for any help.
Advertisement
Hi Jeffige.

You should have an "add perspective" button in the same upper right corner (a icon of a window with a small yellow plus sign). Click it. This will open the "Open perspective" window. Choose "Java (default)" (or just "Java" sometimes) and you're back in the Java SE perspective. The new project options should adapt nicely. Alternatively you can do the same from the menu:
Window -> Open perspective -> Other... (if the options stated above are not listed) -> Java (default).

Hope this helps. :)
Regards,
MoroS84
Man, thank you!

I couldn't figure it out. I can't believe it was something so simple. Thanks for the help. If you don't mind: When I start a new java>project - src>new class, how can I keep the add
[source lang="java"]public static void main(String[] args)[/source]

so I don't have to check it every time?

Thanks for the help.
Hello again.

I didn't see an option like that anywhere. Maybe it's because that when you do a project, you should have only one class with the main() method, so basically: yes, you have to check them every time.

However, since you're using Eclipse, then you have some code templates built in (other Java IDEs have them too of course). You can use that to add the main() method a bit faster. When you have a class open, you just have to type "main" in the line, where you want the main() method to appear and press Ctrl+Space (Cmd+Space on a Mac if I remember correctly) and press Enter (choosing the first option from the window that'll appear: "main method").
Regards,
MoroS84

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement