Frame buffer incomplete on Intel HD 4000

Started by
1 comment, last by BitMaster 11 years, 7 months ago
I have a FBO used for deferred rendering. It works just as expected when testing on various Nvidia and ATI cards, but there is a GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_MISSING_ATTACHMENT when testing on an Intel with the built-in HD 4000 graphics card.

This error message is expected if there is no image attached, but in this case there are several. I don't have access to the PC (64-bit Windows 7) in this case, so I have problem to debug the problem. Any suggestions?

Could it be that some of the texture objects are not supported? I am using GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24, GL_RGBA, GL_RGBA32F and GL_RGBA16F. It may be that a call to glTexImage2D() failed, as I don't test for gl errors until later (after test for FBO completeness).

For the moment, I don't know the version number of the graphics driver, except that it is "recent".
[size=2]Current project: Ephenation.
[size=2]Sharing OpenGL experiences: http://ephenationopengl.blogspot.com/
Advertisement
That particular error can also point to a zero-size or otherwise unusable texture, so yeah, checking for glTexImage2D success would likely uncover that.

I also remember having trouble on Intel GPUs with color attachments that have different formats, but I use OpenGL 2.0 and the old ext_framebuffer_object extension, which has stricter format requirements in the spec.
Are you sure the graphics card driver is "recent" or just "newest available driver"? A short while ago I had an encounter with another Intel onboard card with a driver from 2009. Unfortunately, as it turns out that seemed to be the actually newest available driver for the operating system in question (Windows Vista). That particular driver also made some lofty claims about FBO-capabilities it really could not keep up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement