Need help...

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 11 years, 8 months ago
I'am currently in 2nd year college and i need advice and/or help about game programming.
The problem is that we're complete novice to the whole game development community and we kinda need some heads up of what we need to know to be able to start in game development.Our thesis project is also about game development so we're in a big mess. Any help or guide will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you so much guys..peace ^^v
Advertisement
Read the similar topics in the For Beginners forum. There are plenty of advices there already.
There are a million threads like this already, infact you posted one of them...
Hi,

I agree with szecs and 6677 here, not that they need my support.

It sounds to me as though you need to discover what kind of game that you want to do, which may heavily influence your choices and options. Some people like me already come here knowing approximately what kind of game we want to make and others realize their niche by simple starting somewhere. After you dive into something, then requirements will be much more clear to you, then you may begin to ask questions about things which you could not find elsewhere.

I really hope this helps.

3Ddreamer

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

actually we already know what kind of game we want to do.Something like RPG. Like diablo.Quests.
And we decided to use unity 3d for the graphics and animation. One of our problems are what programming language to
use. Some adviced me C, C++ or C#. I researched on the issue and i found out that C# is commonly used.
Many others use Visual Studio. I need help on that too. Originally, i am a software developer so this whole game development
pretty much came as a shock so i needed to seek for advice and guides from professional which i bet alot of you guys are.

Thanks for the help.. smile.png rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif ph34r.png
Duplicate thread. Closing.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement