- 85 degree angle view
- Zoomed 75+ blocks from the base land level ( so around the 180 - 250 range )
- only top blocks would be rendered ( unless the cave is visible to the top world )
- key locations and possibly players will be visible via a marker of some type ( special icons for each )
- The map would be dynamic with lighting and environment effects such as clouds.
The idea would be to simply lock the players movement, do a far pan zoom, increase the view rendering, reduce what is rendered, and just manage side scrolling and loading of information as that is being done.
- Does this sound like it would be a nice system
- Do you think it is reasonable for a voxel based game
- How would we go about doing it? create a simple mesh of the land and load it up for them to view or simply do a live cam with increased rendering range?
- Any other comments or suggestions are welcome.
Edited by riuthamus, 25 September 2012 - 11:06 AM.