- Upgrading from 2008 project was absolutely painless. A couple issues like using std::set iterators as being mutable (oops), but these were very easy to fix.
- Auto-vectorization is nice and applies itself all over the place.
- Auto-parallelization (sp?) not so much - but its requirements are much stricter. To counter, there is a super quick and easy pragma that parallelizes (SP?) practically any loop without openmp
- Adding a 64-bit build was also quite painless
Also installed Windows 8 release preview (no msdn so no RTM here)
- Dual booting with Win7 no problem.
- Not intentionally going against the grain, but as an everything-OS, I actually like it a lot.
- Installed VS2012 RC (need Win8 RTM for the official release ) for Win8 Release Preview as well, and so far so good. It built me a demo D3D11 metro app out of the box no problem.
I honestly feel they've done a fantastic job so far.
Edited by achild, 01 October 2012 - 07:08 AM.