Jump to content
Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.
Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:29 PM
Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 AM
Edited by Kyall, 16 October 2012 - 03:01 AM.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:04 AM
Now, at first I will take a look at those things here listed and do some maths with quaternions.
1) Bind Pose
2) Inverse Bind Pose
3) Bone Hierarchy
4) Animation in Local Bone Space
5) Interpolation of local space bone transforms to play back animation
6) Create the pose for the skeleton at the current frame from the local space transforms by transforming by parents
7) Transform the absolute transforms by the inverse bind pose to combine those transformations
8) Send vertex & matrix data to the GPU
9) On the GPU: Calculate the position of the transformed vertex by the bones it's bone indices point to, ......
Edited by bigdilliams, 16 October 2012 - 11:04 AM.
Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:54 PM
Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:41 PM
Now after some days I still don't understand the parsing of skeletal animation formats like .md5mesh, .md5anim because they have some complicated maths in it like quaternions.
Can someone help me parsing .md5 models, problably with some explanations over skype, or anything else?
Edited by ic0de, 18 October 2012 - 05:43 PM.
you know you program too much when you start ending sentences with semicolons;
GameDev.net™, the GameDev.net logo, and GDNet™ are trademarks of GameDev.net, LLC.