35 comments, last by MrJoshL 11 years, 4 months ago
these are the rules

have fun
dont be mean
every one can have there own opinion
no rude comments
i will be checking on the foum
Advertisement
There is no "best game" since I like a lot of games equally.
PC = Dungeon Keeper 2 and Half Life 2
Atari = Donkey Kong, Asteroids, and Burger Time
NES = Super Mario 2 ( Doki Doki Panic )
Sega Genesis = Sonic The Hedgehog 2
N64 = Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing
PS2 = GTA San Andreas

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Impossible to answer... (and Shippou is right, it also depends on the platform), but since you asked...

The game I enjoyed the most (and probably spent [i.e. wasted] the most time with) was Return to Castle Wolfenstein (especially the multi-player part). Second would be the RTCW "sequel" Enemy Territory. Then there is the GTA series... and Doom... and Unreal!... Golden Eye on N64.... and Mario Kart....

There is no best video game ever....
My favorites
PC = The Elder Scrolls
Team Fortress 2
World of Warcraft
Quake
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Half-Life 2
My own unfinished unnamed game

Console = BioShock (1 & 2)
Halo 3

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

I'd make a list but my top ten would be completely dominated by most of the Zeldas. Basically I think all the Zelda games (except the awful CDi ones) would be my favorites. And then Skyrim comes in under the Zeldas. I've always enjoyed adventure games like that. But I'd put Halo and Mario close behind.
For competitive play: Starcraft 2 - how many other games have their own broadcaster, and people earning over a quarter of a million $USD/annum from playing it?

how many other games have their own broadcaster, and people earning over a quarter of a million $USD/annum from playing it?

Look up Dota 2.

[quote name='Hodgman' timestamp='1350528464' post='4991317']
how many other games have their own broadcaster, and people earning over a quarter of a million $USD/annum from playing it?

Look up Dota 2.
[/quote]

or LoL
N.B. that was a rhetorical "how many", which means "not many"... which logically means "some"...
Yes I'm aware that other games are present in e-sports; LoL even just had a $1M USD tourny, which is crazy huge!
I love watching e-sports though, so can you recommend any GomTV equivalents (constantly organized/televised pro tournys) for DotA/LoL?
Perhaps the games I enjoyed the most were Warcraft II Expansion: Beyond the Dark Portal and Imperium Galactica.
I also loved Open Transport Tycoon and Panzer General.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement